Thursday, July 22, 2010

Post-Script to Previous Post

I don't have time to write the post I really want to write, which is my commentary on Immigration. And actually, come to think of it, I doubt any of you are really unsure of where I stand, flaming-ass Liberal that I am. But I will just say this: HATE is bad, people, and never healthy. LOVE is good and a little more tolerance would make this world a better place. And also, a little fact checking never hurt anyone.

Anyway. Follow-up to the big Kings of Leon concert. My verdict: eh. In summary, our tickets were unbelievably great, by far the best seats I've ever had for any show. Pity they were wasted on a band who clearly missed the lesson in Fame School where they teach you that ALL OF YOUR FANS (even the ones from Utardia) deserve a decent show. We deserve to hear the songs we love (REVELRY, you GD Jackasses) and we deserve to feel like we got our money's worth. Not so much, in this case.

Also, I am halfway into my thirtieth year of life (but don't tell anyone, I'd like to continue to pretend this milestone is not approaching) and I have recently come to the conclusion that I haven't had quite as much fun as I should have been having. I wasted a lot of years being too young to have very much fun, and then at least several years avoiding fun because I thought I was too grown up for it. There were a precious few years there where I had a sufficient amount of fun, but a few of those years swung the other way of the fun spectrum and I don't look back on them with as much bemusement as I would like.

So I have resolved to have a lot more fun in "my next thirty years" (throwing in a little reference to Tim McGraw there). A lot more fun, but not too much fun, of course. So I started this new outlook on life with the Kings of Leon show. The next morning, I realized that I may have neglected the moderation aspect of my plan and gone a little too "balls to the wall" in the pursuit of fun. Or as Gordon said, "ovaries to the wall".

Sorry. Was that a little off-color?

No comments:

Post a Comment