Monday, July 19, 2010

I like giving presents to other people when they are actually more for myself.




For Father's Day, Sam and Lala got Gordon tickets to see Kings of Leon. It wasn't actually their idea, they thought a nice chewbone would be far more delightful. But since Mama's got the cash, Mama got to pick the present.




It was going to be a big, giant, fantastic surprise...and then I couldn't handle the suspense. I slipped up and told Gordon what the kids got for him. This happened about 4 minutes after I had completed the actual purchase.




Weeks have passed quickly and the day has finally come. Today is the day! We are so excited that we can hardly wait. I have made preparations for the long night and the inevitable feeling of badness that tomorrow will bring. But for today....yay! Aside from sno-cones, concerts are my favorite part of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment