Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How To Tell When You Are Getting A Bad Haircut...

I'm pretty picky about my hair. I know. I just have a particular vision of my head and I just really don't think it should be so difficult to create via scissors. So I got my hair cut today. The following are signs that should have tipped me off:

1. When your stylist looks like Jem (as in, Jem and The Rockers)...and when you aren't in the market for a similar look...you should think twice.

2. When your stylist repeatedly jumps up and down, saying "OMG! This is so cute!" This occurred both before and after I made her re-cut the entire back of my head...I should have paused.

3. When you show up at the salon with multiple photos of the exact style that you want, and you still don't end up with anything remotely similar....yeah. RED FLAG.

4. When the stylist gives you the customary head massage during the shampoo/conditioning feature of the event, and your scalp comes out feeling like she used a cheese grater...the rest of the experience may not turn out that well.

5. When your stylist concludes the experience with copious amounts of hair teasing and enough hair product to supply a small country...you can probably assume that she is trying to hide the actual haircut under all of the teasing and fluffiness.

In the end, of course, my hair will grow out and I'll figure out a way to manage it. But for now, I look like someone akin to a character from my Lil Green Patch...

1 comment:

  1. Bethany I totally feel you about a great haircut. Every time I feel like saving money and running to super cuts, I am afraid I will spend twice the money to fix it.

    I found a good stylist (in provo. sheesh) and I make the commute. It is just THAT worth it.

    ReplyDelete