Thursday, June 25, 2009

A New Fashion Tip

We have an office dress code...not surprising since most offices do. No butt-baring jeans, no bikinis, pretty standard stuff. Flip-flops are also against the dress code policy, though not for reasons of safety, as one would think. No, they are against the policy for reasons of hygiene.

The verbiage of the policy reads:

"This policy is founded on a health concern. Foot fungi can easily be spread. The fungi typically infest the soft tissue regions of the foot, near the toes, and flip-flops do not adequately cover this region."

Ew. So those of you who know me best (i.e. my husband) know that I'm neurotic about outfits. I require coordination in ALL THINGS, particulary with footwear. It would be a cold day in Haedes if I ever left the house wearing shoes that do not accent and highlight my ensemble. So when this dress code policy came up, you can imagine that it threw me for a loop. The vast majority of my summer footwear involves the baring of my "soft foot tissue", which, I may add, is completely fungus free. So to have my footwear outlawed will inevitably ruin the experience of Getting Dressed In The Morning. I mean, I seriously don't leave the house unless I'm nothing short of thrilled with my outfit. I expressed my concerns and my generous boss offered an 15-minute window of "grace time" that would supposedly allow me to come up with alternate foot arrangements. Generous as this is, it does nothing for me. An extra fifteen minutes in the morning does not conjure up appropriate footwear in my closet.

So I've brainstormed an alternate plan and thought I would share it with you for those of you who have similar woes.






This is cute, right? Don't get me wrong. I don't actually sport this look in the public arena. But around the office...it's just the ticket. Plus, it's pretty funny.

1 comment: