Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello, Insomnia. My name is Bethany O'Neil.

4:31.  That's what the clock said this morning when I woke up.  The following is a list of the thoughts marching through my head:

  • Oh my Todd.  I have 10 days (including weekends) to complete the Form 5500 for the 401(k) plan at work.  PANIC.  I don't even know what the eff is on a 5500.
  • Maria Cabrera.  Ye Gods.  Maria Cabrera still doesn't have health insurance due to some clerical error that originated sometime around March (when I was not employed, mind you.)  Must fix that immediately.
  • I have about 6 inches worth of filing that really, really needs to be done.
  • Ack!  Did I remember to send those training records????? 
Etc. etc.  

Apparently, some part of my body found this panic soothing because...

6:19.  Oh hello again, little bright numbers.  This time, I just got up.  I might as well go to work and get paid for my craziness.

So I got to work early and proceded to get completely swallowed by tasks that will inevitably take up my whole day and I'll wake up tomorrow morning, having a panic attack about Maria Cabrera.   Again.  And if it's not about Maria, it will inevitably be about the Drug and Alcohol Testing program that I am supposed to be compiling.  Good Lord.  This job is not good for my mental health.  

And yet...here I am.  Blogging away.  I love irony.   

No comments:

Post a Comment