Friday, April 29, 2011

OBVIOUSLY. Someone has GOT to blog about those hats.


It's almost a sure thing that I am directly related to the Queen of England.  My dear, lovely Grandma was a native Brit and as such, surely has some Windsor blood in her somewhere.  As a third cousin, twice removed of William and Harry (roughly), I felt a certain obligation to get carried away with the Royal Wedding.  And I did.  I never fast-forwarded or skipped over the "news" about the Big Day (I use the term "news" loosely because I still have reservations over whether or not the men's morning suits actually constitute a news item).  As I watched this morning, I was obsessed with the head gear.  Since I look unfailingly stupid in a hat, I could really never aspire to don such a thing, but I was certainly envious of those society ladies. 

For instance....
The Dress, the Hat...every bit of this woman is lovely.  My number one pick.

This chippie gets points for originality, but I don't know that the Queen would entirely approve.

There is absolutely no excuse for walking out of the house (or palace) looking like this.  None at all.  There is nothing acceptable in this whole frame.  Not a single thing. 
 
I hope you won't think less of me, but I am totally taken by this small, saucy little hat, worn by Victoria Beckham (who my husband calls Trashy Spice...props to him for being a little catty...)

So anyway.  Just my thoughts.  I absolutely had to get something up on this blog because even I am tired of thinking about the paltry and pathetic raise that was the subject of my previous posting.

Also.  I need to throw out a few apologies.  One, to my most favorite pen-pal, Miccolene Sorensen Mother Of The Most Adorable Baby Girl Named Isabelle Bethany Sorensen (right?).  I have yet to respond to her most recent message, but I think about it every day and I swear I will respond.

Also.  To my cousin Heather.  Hope you had a good Easter too!  I also suck at returning texts, but it made me feel good to see your name on my phone.  Loves to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment