Tuesday, October 14, 2008

An Ode To The Love Of My Life

Sap Sap Sap...Sappy Sappy Sappy. I make no claim to the toughness or coolness of the blog that follows. It's silly and gooey and girly. But it must be said. So here goes....

I love my husband. No. That's not quite right. I adore my husband. I'm wild about my husband. I'm crazy-in-love with my husband (...oh my. Cue the tears. I'm seriously getting a little misty...). Here's why:

1. He is so incredibly good to me. I get choppy and demanding occasionally, and yet, he still treats me with so much care and love and respect that it amazes me.

2. He is so hot.

3. He has the biggest heart in the whole wide world. He never gives up on anyone or anything. He never hesitates for one second to help, no matter who they are. I can honestly say that he would drop anything and everything for me if I asked him to.

4. He is going to be the greatest dad in the world someday. I can see it in the way he plays with other people's kids, the way he puts on Lala's sweater and takes her to Home Depot with him, or the way he always shares his food with her.

5. He works so hard to take care of me and our little family. Even when times are hard, he is willing to get on his hands and knees and get dirty to make sure that I don't have to worry. He would do anything in the world, just to make sure that I'm happy and content.

6. He gets so excited about a new hardwood floor cleaner that makes our floors sparkle.

7. He lets me be lazy after a long day of school and work, even though there is no reason that I shouldn't take turns cleaning the cat box, doing the laundry or washing the dishes.

8. He sends me IMs and text messages that just say "luv u".

9. He calls me to tell me when the puppy does something funny.

10. He is my biggest fan, my protector, my support, and so much a part of me that I cry when I imagine life without him.

11. He is so tough and smart. In so many ways, he inspires me because he is the product of a situation that would break your heart. It hurts me when I think about all of the stuff he's been through, and yet he still came out to be the most loving, sensitive, caring person.

12. We laugh and laugh and laugh when we are together. We crack each other up. Over silly, ridiculous stuff.

13. He is my best friend in the whole entire world, from the first day I met him. It was the weirdest thing, I never believed it would happen until it happened to me. He was a part of me before I even knew it. One day I looked at my life, and I suddenly had someone that I absolutely, positively could never live without.

14. I love the thought of spending every day for the rest of my life with him. I look forward to tickling his feet, walking our dog, raising kids and just hanging out at our house for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment